PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WestJet employee faked ATPL
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2012, 14:22
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code:
I think things began to come apart when Wj applied for the type rating on his licence, only to be told 'no ATPL.
The ATPL is not the minimum requirement for First Officers to hold a type rating on a two-crew, high performance aircraft. For hire-and-reward purposes, a CPL with valid IATRA will do the trick.

Had he held the IATRA and if WestJet did the training and ride; when they submitted the appropriate paperwork the only confirmation they would have received is when crew sched or training received a copy of his sticker (assuming thats their policy). In any event, that sticker would show his 737 type rating but it would also show his CPL - in which case a clued in crew sched agent or training person would see the error and stop any line flying.

I don't think it would come to that anyways as the A-Check doing the ride would probably be employed by WestJet; would know of the policy to hold an ATPL and would stop any ride before it began once the license was reviewed during the Pre-Ride document check and technical Q&A.

My best guess is they may have let him attend Company Indoc, CRM and Ground School (depending on how WJ does these things) but were waiting on his documents before throwing him into a simulator - that way they've only wasted a little time, not any serious money.