PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Thing I Couldn't Do .....
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2012, 13:45
Peter3127

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Thing I Couldn't Do .....

I am a 10 hour student with the good fortune to have already enjoyed basic handling, climbing and descending, even got my pick ups and landings pretty smooth.

Pattern hovering around the nose was easy. Turns around the tail just seem wrong (as an aside, I know paradoxically that putting your tail rotor where you know it is safe is a good thing, that said putting your tail rotor where you cannot see it feels like closing your eyes and feeling for a mousetrap in the dark with your ... um, you know ). Turns around the tail are the thing doing my head in right now. The Thing I Can't Do!

Back to the script .... when it comes to putting all the basics together for circuits ..... it seems like it will never happen. I know it will, but it is a true one step forward, two back learning experience. Especially as an adult. And we all have had those moments in learning (bathed in sweat with the gentle encouragement from the instructor "You know what to do, so fix it!" in your ear).

I would love to hear for the benefit of those of us on the journey what, Ye Olde Skye Gods, remember as the the "Thing You Couldn't Do", but ultimately conquered.

And if you could tell us how you did ... we will hold you in moderate to above average esteem forever.