PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new recruiting grounds for CX
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2012, 02:07
broadband circuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G Day Workers

Why are people working G days?

I know why, it's because of short-sighted greed.

Sure, you can make $10,000 by helping out (just wait until later in the month when they mess with your roster to take away that overtime).

Sure you can work a G day to ditch that unwanted split duty or RUH flight by helping out.

The truth is, you're only being asked to help because you are the cheap option. If you don't help out, they will have to pay someone on reserve to do it. (OMG, using reserve coverage to crew open flights - what a revolutionary idea!)

OR, even if you do believe that you're the ONLY one available, ask yourself how much a cancellation of even a 12 hr delay will cost them. I'm talking aircraft parking, hotels, missed connections, passenger compensation for delays & missed connections etc etc. Sort of makes the measly $10,000 you'll get sound pretty small.

Simple fact: NOTHING will change while people are helping them out.

And don't give me that cop-out about the Union not telling us to go to contract compliance. Learn to think for yourself!

By helping out, you are telling them you're happy with their conduct. The next time you are asked to help out, ask yourself if you're happy with the conduct of our management. Ask yourself if you're happy with roster instability. And when you ask yourself these questions, do it whilst you're looking the mirror, and be honest with yourself.