PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cyclone Tracy 1974
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2012, 20:30
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good article Revcorp, especially the legal bit. I doubt any airline would want to be involved if it happened this month again, they certainly would not take the loads that they took, and I personally would pale at the thought of wandering around the countryside becoming desperate as I could not find any hospital who could take my Ladies. The legal implications that would take place if a baby was born dead, or the mother herself died from lack of medical care, simply because I decided to go onto Mackay, instead of insisting that ISA take them, makes my blood run cold. But then it was not even a issue, it was the last thing on my mind, just managing a aircraft full of the most unusual PAX and with the possibility of adding to the PAX list at any time was enough for me, and if I had my time over again I would have landed at ISA and refused to budge, that trip to Mackay was the longest and most stressful of my life as a airline pilot, as we also had indigenous mums to be on board, some who had barely seen a aircraft much less having to endure two take offs and landings, they were terrified. I cannot speak highly enough of the CC and medical people we had with us, without their dedication and kindness to all on board we could not have pulled it off. As for the two cats, they took over the house, and ruled it with a iron paw, as only cats can, and both lived to a ripe old age, we enjoyed their company.