PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AI Express pilot defies ATC for take-off, puts flyers at risk
Old 26th Jan 2012, 15:46
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnny Boy, you got diarrhea of the key board. My posts about P2Fers on the Lion Air deal is not directed at any nationality. I recommend you get your facts straight and re-read my posts concerning the issue about P2Fers being part of the problem when it comes to improving terms and conditions for professional pilots.

I’ve been an expat for 22 years. That said, I am quite familiar with the system round the world on six continents, including India. I will say this that the F/Os I’ve flown with are eager to learn, and eager to fly. Over the past 36 years and some almost 25,000 plus hours, I’ve got enough practice. That said, I let the F/O do all the sectors whilst I do the paper work… no flight directors, and no auto throttles either. How many captains do you fly let you do that?

You referring to my thread about the article in the Times of India?

I did not make it up. This is just to incredible to make up. I don't work for the Times of India. It was an article in the Times of India. I did not make any accusations about pilots who fail their training with AIX are moved over to mainline AI on the 777. There’s no bashing.

Pilots fail test for small planes, but get big ones to fly - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: Imagine a person found misfit to drive a small car being allowed to get behind the wheels of a big truck. If that sounds scary, hear this. The aviation safety regulator has found that some trainees who failed to become co-pilots or qualify as commanders on single-aisle Boeing 737 on Air India's budget arm AI Express were taken by the parent company to fulfill their dream on the widebody Boeing 777 that flies long-haul routes.

Again, that said sonny boy, again get your facts straight before posting.

Last edited by captjns; 26th Jan 2012 at 16:08.