PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 26th Jan 2012, 15:27
Organfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chrisN said:
Is there any intention to submit these suggestions to BEA or Airbus?
Well, let's think this through:
Who here would elect to do that? Somebody on their own volition, or "by committee"? There is very little consensus here, even after all that's been written, with the possible exception of: the pilots did not recognize the stall, and even that much is not entirely agreed upon, judging from some of the more crude comments.

Having said that, IMO, there's ZERO chance that these threads aren't being read by at least a few members of those organizations. Also zero chance that we would ever know who. It would be a PR disaster if word ever got out that "they" were listening to "us." All we are doing is speculating based on the published evidence, and even beyond that. They are going to have to draw conclusions from the available facts and make determinations based on their analyses, not from ours. Also, even if they do determine that the pilots' confusion was based partly on weaknesses in the interface, I'd be surprised if they would go so far as to redesign the displays, inasmuch as that would be a frank admission of liability. (Hope I'm wrong.)

If there are flaws in my summation of this issue, discuss, argue!