PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - blood pressure problems
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2012, 15:07
ciderman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can relate to all of this. I got caught with a high BP reading in 1987 when in all honesty it WAS high. I was burning the candle ay both ends, fast jet military flying by day and studying for ATPL at night, with associated money worries. Doc laid me in the sick bay for 30 minutes (they could do that in those days!) and it recovered. However, since then the sight of a BP machine sends shivers up my spine and I get serious white coat syndrome. I've been on treadmills and had 24hr ambulatories, seen cardiologists and never once given the same reading in the surgery as at home. I am eternally grateful to the CAA (the late AVM John Cook in particular) for their understanding but I always felt inadequate not being able to deliver the readings I could at home in their presence. Bit like always crashing the sim on landing.I don't do it for real, promise! Even the docs had to admit that if I was running their readings 24/7 there would be other signs and there were none, eyes, sugar,ECG's all normal. I am retired now and still can't get it out of my system and am on mild medication. My GP has seen to be doing something I think. My sympathies with my many colleagues who still suffer this problem