PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AI Express pilot defies ATC for take-off, puts flyers at risk
Old 26th Jan 2012, 13:28
Johny Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indian ATCo's may be bad to handle for some or worst for others will make no difference to ATCo's here as very few incidents or even less accidents have occurred in recent memory due to errors by ATC but one thing for sure is that Indian ATCo's have inherited unethical work practice's & below par culture from their immediate superior's which goes deep from initial training stages till being appointed as ATCo's and sadly this wont change because of obvious lethargy nature of concerning authorities.Getting new equipment's will make difference if working mindset is changed.

Though i never heard Indian ATC's doing RT in regional language or non english language but i have listened to ATCo's from South East Asian/Eastern European countries do....is that on level with ICAO regulations?

Doing RT in India is pain and horror for many including me...no denial in that

Lastly this article is coming from mouth piece of TOI journalist's who have lately become lazy reporters to bring actual facts rather than fictional facts.

Captjns - You sir have become very predictable lately with constant Anti India/Indian system jibes in almost all of your posts on Indian centered pilot threads on this forum...if you got any personnel grudge towards Indians or India as a whole, then wouldn't it be wise for a professional like you who takes ESTEEM pride to be called as Captain on anonymous platform to keep within self ?

Alas... what would these forums be without 300 hour TT children of the magenta line or Microsoft pilots?
Whats wrong with 300 Hr pilot trying to gather & exchange information by use of forums? Why do i feel every time i read your posts on various thread that low timers are deemed unworthy to put their views....didn't all old timers like you on this forum spent similar career life cycle from " 0 " hours to " 1000's " just as the poor 300 Hr Ol' kids here ?? Ohh ins't it right Captjns .....
Ehhh , do not know how FO's will learn from a captain with such a attitude...

Not all Indians on PPRUNE are barely high school passed kids or having odd 300 TT and attitude like yours.....

Geebz - That was perfectly laid description by you and it's same all over India but sadly even small planes are given clearance after big duty jet's....

attitudeFlying

The qualification to become an ATC is India is you know what?
M.Sc (Physics) or some Engineering Graduate!!
And still such a sub-standard safety culture!
Is this same(the qualifications) all around the world?
Feeling bad for bare qualification is Higher Grad ?Urghh ....
Sub-Standard culture( i would not put safety in the line ) is due to impractical work ethics imparted on fresh new recruits.
Mind taking a short trip to ATC training center in Bamrali Airport Allahabad ?

Lastly why does every other AI or Indian Airline thread has to become Mug fest or is it that being polite is gateway for getting mauled down by so called naturally GIFTED pilots other side of world ?