PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are the official statistics?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2012, 12:54
Cloabp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay. Well, the interesting thing is how many of those who get a CPL MEIR licenses goes on and gets a full ATPL. Even just the amount of CPL's issued are very interesting. But you need the figures for more countries to make it real interesting. And also the number of jobs in the corresponding country...or maybe the amount of commercial planes operated by that country.

Scratchingthesky:
If you where able to live for the money you earned from your instructor job, I think it's fine to list you as employed.
The school's are definitely bending the truth often. I have even heard direct lies from my own school when they where trying to recruit new students. That's why it is unfortunate that there doesn’t exist an alternate source of information/statistics regarding employment/unemployment etc. I don't think that you have a really good chance of estimating the chances of getting a job at the end of your training, before you start. Everybody knows that it is not easy...but the actual desperate situation is most often not known. If it where known, I think people would give it a little more thought - both parents and the young guys considering flight training.