PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2012, 12:14
honestpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlim I have been following this post for a while now and refrained from adding my opinions since I had not been in alpha for long enough.

I can now honestly tell that you are misleading everyone here. You seem to think that AAG is never completely at fault. I heard that it took them something like 2 years to get 2 cessnas 172! Now is that something to be proud off? I think you will come up with excuses to save their ass. The old students were apparently false promised that the planes would be ready in a few weeks everytime they asked.

LIES were told everyday to the students.

Now lets come to the exams. When i joined alpha the CGI proudly said that no one has failed the Ground School. I was impressed. I started to do the exams and when i did my first GCAA exams i realized that every question was copied and pasted from the question bank. Now any idiot can just learn the answers and not understand anything. I sadly worked hard and did not do well and others who just learnt all the answers by heart scored 90%+. Not only that students cheat in the exams. I have seen it with my own eyes. No wonder everyone passes. The captains must know about this but will not care. Everyone that passes the ground school will pay an extra 150k DHS for the flying. AAG will benefit from this NOT us. The students that we have in my class are quiet frankly appalling. One of them could not solve 5x+20=50 when we studied mass and balance. How did he pass the entrance exams I will never know. A 9 year old can solve that equation!
I knew that he was poor in Mass and Balance let alone other subjects. Yet he has managed to get 90% avg in exams. How? By learning all the answers from the question bank. If i ask him to explain how he got an answer he will shrug his shoulders and admit that he does not know. And yet these students pass GCAA exams and go on to flying.

Now tell me is this a good way to test students? NO! But by doing this the students will all pass with excellent marks. AAG can proudly show these marks to new possible cadets and fool them into joining Alpha. I have been fooled. Hopefully no one else will.

If you do join Alpha then do so at ur own cost. Do not believe a word AAG says.

And btw Marlim can u please tell me how a flying school managed to have 3 accidents in the space of 1 year. How is it that we had too few instructors. Is it a positive thing that AAG have been banned from holding flying classes. They have just covered it up by sending us to Australia. It is amusing how NO ONE ever failed when they flew in Shj or Clarke and yet students have failed in Australia. This just shows that AAG is playing with peoples lives. It is high time that you start being honest with people here , Marlim. You only seem to be giving ur experiences and not the full truth that u here from others!

Also,you defended AAG when they were closed down for 2 months. Tell me which flying school would do that? It is appaling that u even think about defending these situations. I am a student of AAG and I am disgusted by the way the handle the flying school. Sadly I cannot leave since my money is already in AAG.

You seem to be flying well and will eventually become a captain for Air Arabia. Now i have a question for you. Would you feel safe that you have a first officer from AAG who does not know anything from ground school since he passed all his exams by learning the answers as ABCD? I would not as a passenger. If the plane runs into trouble the answer will not be given to him. I can honestly say that 90% of the students do not understand ANYTHING from ground school or alteast very little and yet they have managed to score above 80% in all of their exams. That is something to be proud off right?

And captain wierd the problems will never be solved. Trust me on that. The only way AAG can solve it is if they close down AAG for a few months and get a new management staff. This will never happen so AAG's problems will never be solved.

Why do you get annoyed with Taras B is giving all the problems. It is clear that he knows the management very well and should be trusted with what he says. After all he knows a lot more than any on us will know when it comes to AAG.

I for one completely agree with him. Save to say if I could get my money back and had to redo my ground school all over again in another flying school i would agree without a moments hesitation. Btw my avg in ground school is close to 90%. How? Because i learnt the way to do well in the exams. I did work hard and do understand the subject but no where near to the marks that i have scored. AAG is making a fool of GCAA and tbh i will not be surprised if one of the AAG students ends up in an air crash. AAG will have blood on their hands then!