PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AI Express pilot defies ATC for take-off, puts flyers at risk
Old 26th Jan 2012, 06:18
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First lets not make this into a Jay Leno vs India thing.

For your convenience Stiknrudder I will paste the comment I made before as it pertains to separation between little and large Boeings.

Many tower controllers in India either do not know or care about issuing takeoff clearances for the Little Boeings behind the Large Boeings.
Now your statement
CaptJNS this is not personal but please restrain yourself from making general comments about a whole country based on a few incidents or your perception from years back when you may or may not have worked here.
VECC, VABB, and VOMM are culprits when is comes to providing separation of big and little Boeing jets. The latest offense, in VABB, was last month when I was cleared for takeoff behind a departing CX 747-400 cargo jet at N3. My F/O acknowledged and accepted the clearance against my wishes. I took control of the RT and declined tower's offer do to separation requirements. Thus T/O clearance was cancelled. During cruise, I showed my F/O, which is on my IPAD, separation requirements between little and large jets.

By the way... VIDP, and VOCI do a pretty good job at providing adequate separation between the big and little jets. That said, I guess I'm pretty current with operations in India... wouldn't you agree Stiknruddr.

Alas... what would these forums be without 300 hour TT children of the magenta line or Microsoft pilots?

Last edited by captjns; 26th Jan 2012 at 11:36.