PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AI Express pilot defies ATC for take-off, puts flyers at risk
Old 26th Jan 2012, 03:05
PT6A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually Indian ATC is some of the worst in the world....

The radio channels are in total chaos, busy sectors flooded with local pilots using it as a personal chat line.... "morning Captain, happy landing captain" This is on an already overloaded sector.

Our comany route manuals have specific warnings about Indian ATC due to their non compliance with ICAO procedures.

Let me ask you this, when was the last time you had an EFC given in India as part of your holding instructions?

Does it not tend to be "FastAir123 orbit present position for a while" what doea that do for the lost communications procedure?

I have never heard Indian ATC advise that your following a heavy aircraft, or issue a clr such as "FastAir 123 clear takeoff 23L, caution wake turbulance departing aircraft was a heavy 777"

Can you honestly say you have heard these things in India?

Or is it more like how i describe it above? Coupled with the endless arguments on RT from Indian pilots asking ATC who the number 1 is, how how come xyz got push before me.....

PT6A