PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 25th Jan 2012, 23:19
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machinbird
IMHO it would.

Now all they need is to visually separate the upper Red area from the lower Red area so that someone walking in on a situation cannot possibly get the two confused.
Maybe a different color, or stripes?
My thoughts too.

I'd also maybe want to look at some sort of graduated marking such that you get feedback that your actions are in the right direction even if you've managed to get the green off the end of the screen. A non-moving needle over a moving solid red (or even red-white check) background doesn't tell you much.

From a UI point of view, I'd also raise concern over "slow" and "fast". Icons, colours, arrows ok, english text - not so ok. Yes, I know everyone at the pointy end is fully trained in ICAO level-whatever english, but this isn't an interface for situation-normal with all user brain functions working in calm non-panic mode.

I have similar concern about stall warning being an aural "stall"... stick shaker requires no translation.

I think the HF report is going to be interesting, and I think speed tape (normal vs. alt) is going to be in there - they might not consider the BUSS UI. That report is also considerably overdue now (from the estimate they gave). I don't think it is going to be short.