PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Michael O'Leary talking about pilots
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2012, 19:57
beernice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We know Ryanair management don't care about pilots or cabin crew and engineers for that matter. However that's in their nature. Who allowed them get away with this- we the pilots did! 10 years ago the basic salary was over 80 grand. Now it's less than 60. Contractors new contracts get rid of the concept of home base. Now your home base is anywhere you are sent for three weeks or more. Reliable Information has it that now if you want leave in summer you got to "buy" it with another leave day - 5 days in summer will cost you 10 days. 4/3 rosters are on the horizen. Cabin crew in certain bases are been told only 9 month contracts available in your base now, if you want 12 months pay you have to move to another part of the world. They don't need us for 12 months, just think about that and where it will lead.

And things are going to keep getting worse. They are looking for the " floor". And if you are thinking- things are not too bad, at least I am OK - they will get around to you. That's what they guys 10 years ago said, how many of them are left on a proper contract? Probably 1%. Each contract is worse than the last. We now have a management team that tell us they don't care if we leave, they don't really care what we do. Our lack of resistance has meant that a management team that once was quite innovative and market leading have become lazy and arrogant. Instead of innovative solutions they now have only two solutions to every problem- cut wages and charge passengers more hidden charges. Time to wake them up or ship them out. They are they ones pocketing easy money from our complacency and laziness.

I am not a fan of IALPA or unions. When i hear union i keep thinking of Bob Crow!
That said I believe we must organize ourselves. This is last chance saloon. Next year expansion stops, they will be able to cover the roster. They will continue to attack us unless we stand up and fight. Don't expect this journey to be easy or pain free, it won't. MOL will fight tooth and nail and make no mistake he is good. Don't expect IALPA to fight for us, they union is only a framework, the fight must come from Us.
MOL will never like us, we can live with that. He doesn't respect us and we deserve that but we can change it. We have previously folded at the first obstacle management put in front of us and sold out our colleagues. See where it got us!!
You want change , you want respect? Earn it, stand up and be counted. Join your union and fight for our career.