PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2012, 19:03
se.delecter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all who have contributed to the forum! Very, very kind of you to give people of interest information and a heads-up here & there, appreciate it!

For me, I've just turned 25 with VERY minimal qualifications ('O' Levels). My dream has always to been an aviator and if I was given the choice, why not fly with SQ! I'm sure many Pilots have had their own reasons why they chose an Airline like SQ whether it's the money, prestige or travel..

I gave up hope on flying about three years ago, where I was given an option to go to New Zealand and study (my family has been living there as PRs for a couple of years). The reason I opted out was I did not like the slow-paced environment in NZ, or I'd rather start working in Singapore to earn my keeps, or maybe it was just an excuse from studying.

Right now in this recent weeks, I've been weighing my options again. Two of which are to join Massey University in their Bachelor in Aviation (BAv/ATP) programme or to join the Diploma Course that Ardmore flying school, also NZ.

Questions are:
1) Would it be too expensive to enrol in Massey's ATP program and a waste of resources?
2) Would I need to do a conversion if I want to join our local carrier?
3) Would a diploma in aviation be enough of a qualification to join SQ?

I apologise for the long post but I am just like any other pilot wannabe in this forum who seeks answers to help in making a decision. I would really appreciate the feedback and I hope someone out there has the same questions as I do, answered.

Cheers to all, and a great 2012 ahead!