PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran Threatens to Close Strait of Hormuz
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2012, 17:07
hval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SASless,

500 barrels a day production is more than enough to light your oil lamp though. Large amounts of confirmed oil just waiting to be extracted.

Not sure how much you know about seismic, but am guessing that you have at least some knowledge. For those that don't think about the differences between seismic/ geological surveys and exploration drilling. Seismic/ geological surveys tell us that hydrocarbons may be there/ are probably there. Drilling tells us it is there, and allows a fairly accurate guestimate as to how much is there. Those gravity and magnetic surveys that you, SASless, carried out helped as well.

As for "Undiscovered", well, like the USA was "The Undiscovered Country". Didn't the Amerindians, bison, zebra, giraffe and god knows what else native animals know that what we know as USA previously existed. That term has always annoyed the hell out of me. Don't worry, I don't blame you for it.

By the way, some people might have noticed that I included a few species that aren't actually natural inhabitants of the USA.

Just so long as Halliburton and their subsidiaries don't get involved we should all be okay. Oh, too late; years too late. Aren't the warlords actually Halliburton Directors?