PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EE Canberra book contributor request
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2012, 16:40
nazca_steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing I should probably mention to all current and potential contributors - don't be afraid of telling a story or anecdote that might appear trivial. Operational and technical stories are welcomed and relevant, but this book is planned to tell a 'human' side of the Canberra experience as much as possible.

For instance, the Canberra was well-known for its 'bake or freeze' cabin conditions, so if you have memories of that, please share them. Other such ergonomic trivialities might include the entry/exit ritual from the T.4, a nav moving between bomb aimer's couch and his seat in a hurry, or (less of a triviality) the experience of a B(I).8 nav not having a bang seat.

Hopefully this gives an idea of what I'm looking for in addition to the 'starter' details I gave above. These relate to aircrew of course; I am sure the riggers, armourers and electricians have their fair share of amusing stories (if they are perusing PPrune that is!)

Switching topics slightly, another purpose of the book is to tell this story from as international angle as possible. While I am gathering material from air forces outside the UK, if you had experience working with or training personnel from abroad on the Canberra, I would love to hear about that too.

ATB,

Steve