PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aptiude testing
Thread: Aptiude testing
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2001, 13:53
Autofly

Wink

bottle3throttle,

I've got A-levels in Geography, Biology and Env. Science and a degree in Env. Geology and I got all the way down to the final interview with Airtours last year but was unsucessful (god dam) but by this point they'd had enough of my qualifications; they wanted to know what kind of a person I was - they probably thought I was a right maniac. Don't worry about previous qualifications when applying. Obviously if you've got Maths, Physics etc... then you may have a head start when you begin the training but worry about that when you get to it. If you get there I reckon you won't care if you don't have those qualifications.

As far as the aptitudes go - I had always tried to guess the daft questionnaire thing and revised really hard for the maths etc. before I went to Airtours. Well this time I didn't bother. I just decided to relax and take it as it came and be really honest in the questionnaire and it worked. I think this is what I was doing wrong when I went to BA/BM/BE etc. etc.

At the end of it all, its how you do on the day - people have bad days at these tests and get nowhere after getting a long way on previous occasions (thats me). I found that I was doing better at them the more I sessions I went to because I was becoming more relaxed. My advice is to keep doing them and don't get disheartend by knock backs. You'll get your break eventually.

Good luck

Autofly