PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish Independence
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2012, 14:04
Burnt Fishtrousers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the Scots need to consider for the past 13 years the UK was governed by the labour party predominantly comprising of the Scots in the cabinate and senior positions,who left a huge deficit for the nation to service...Oh, and the UK tax payer had to bail out one of their banks sanctioned by a Scotsman, who was an unsuccessful leader and Prime Minister....and of course the previous one, of Scottish origin was a smiling buffoon. (Although in the interests of balance Cameron is giving them both a run for their money)

Not a good omen for independence is it?

I personally hope the Scots will remain as part of the union and not become a satellite refugee who will presumably go to Europe with the begging bowl out, only to be rejected by a collapsing European Union..And on a day to day basis just what beef do the Scots have against being part of the union anyway? The Scottish people arent stupid, they can see what Salmond is, a complete one trick pony windbag that makes John Prescott look erudite.

Cameron could be extremely mischevious by stopping the Barnet contribution overnight as a taster to the Scottish people as to what a Salmond regeme would actually be like without subsidy from other parts of the U.K. ...

A machine is only as good as the sum of its parts and I hope the Scots stay part of the union for all our interests.

However if they do go their own way then they have to comitt completely with borders closed, passports required (duel citizenship for Scots living south of the border) their own armed forces, their own currency.
We enjoy a rich tapestry of culture in the UK and we could do with retaining it.

I personally have enjoyed all my visits to Scotland business or otherwise and being half Scot myself I enjoy conversing with people who when they growl "washa teme" you dont know whether they are enquiring as to your footballing loyalties or what time of day it is....Its Newcastle United and 14.55 Alex