PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OLYMPICS 2012
Thread: OLYMPICS 2012
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2012, 10:16
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re those Ecomomic Benefits

First; the Telegraph story was just plain poor reporting by a Journo(s) who did not have any real comprehension of the situation, which they were wtrinting about. For those ppruners who are foreign, the "Newspaper" from which the article is taken; is one of our "quality !" newspapers -Enough said.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here; but I think that in recent Olympic Games - Tourism from abroad has actually fallen in the year of the games in the host country, because of the expectation of increased accomadation and travel sosts.

Please note;Barcelona may have been an exeption.

Peeople who come for the games as part of a package are inevitably tied to stadium unlike "ordinary" Tourists. - A possible loss there.

There's likely to be road transport disruption - Another ecomomic loss. Same for rail and even ferries. Lets see if there is an ecomomic boost ?

Personally speaking; i hope it all goes well - but I'm not a fan of the whole scheme, political hubris.

As for the Jublie - Well its the first since Queen Victoria - And given the royal families longjevity - It will be a very long time untill the next. Horay !

CAT III

(School Athete (Always last) and viva republica )