PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wow - I Flew Emirates Yesterday
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2012, 07:42
Seja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to correct few things... Especially the rumours that we work like slaves... As mentioned before, I am a cabin crew for EK. I am swiss and therefore one of those that grew up with a so called golden spoon in my mouth. Why am I here? Emirates provides an incredible package which is not able to compete with let's say Swiss. We do work hard, yes! But is that a bad thing? We get paid well for it, with money and benefits (accomodation provided, many discounts etc). There was a short time when we worked crazy hours because there were almost more aircrafts than crew, but this was only temporary. Concerning Capetonians post: I also am single and the money we earn is enough to lead a fancy life (without a filthy rich husband) and put a bit aside for later! The only thing which is bad is the currency exchange rate, whatever amount I put to my savings each month, if I exchange it to swiss franc it's literaly nothing. But I knew this before I made the choice to come to Dubai and give it a go with Emirates. I know many people, many of them CC and flight deck crew talk badly about EK, but I for myself never had a reason to complain. I've always been treated fair and been looked after well. And I have one of the best work environment countries to compare with.

Last edited by Seja; 25th Jan 2012 at 14:59.