PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lancashire Aero Club Tom Dugdale Scholarship
Old 25th Jan 2012, 06:56
avidflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancashire Aero Club Tom Dugdale Scholarship

The lucky winner of the Lancashire Aero Club Tom Dugdale Scholarship is Rebecca Morrissey.
Rebecca, a 17yr old A level student from Rochdale and Corporal in 1855 Squadron of the Air Training Corps, will receive flying training, equipment and examination entries to qualify her for a Private Pilot’s Licence.
She says ” I am thrilled to have been awarded the Tom Dugdale Scholarship. From being very young, it has been an ambition of mine to learn to fly and therefore this opportunity is absolutely fantastic. I am really excited about learning to fly, I can't wait to begin”
Rebecca has a long-standing interest in flying, at the age of seven she won a competition to spend a day with the Red Arrows at RAF Scampton.

The Scholarship was set up to honour the 90th birthdays of the oldest flying club in Britain and of the Club President, Tom Dugdale DFC.
Rebecca will be trained at City Airport Manchester by Martin Rushbrooke, a Chief Flying Instructor and Trustee of Lancashire Aero Club.

If you would like any more information please contact the Scholarship coordinator Eric Isaac on [email protected]