PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2012, 23:50
Martin VanNostrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been here from the start-up of Air Japan. Here is my take:

1. Various management decisions have been unpopular such as changing the contract conditions during the contract.
2. However they always seem to add another extra onto the allowances a little later which covers the earlier loss.
3. My overall pay has gone up each year I have been here.
4. The main gripe is the roster; but some months mine is ok some months it is not. Overall it's ok.
5. Sometimes one gets a sequence that is tiring, with back to back nights. However it only happens every couple of months for a few days in a row.
6. Business class confirmed travel home is terrific. This was bought in, not at the end of contracts, but during the contracts. It is very, very generous.
7. For First Officers the chance to upgrade to a widebody command within 3-4 years is unheard of in the contract world. Yes some don't make it; but some don't make it in all airlines.
8. Initial training is long taking 6-7 months. Everyone knows this before coming. If you have a problem with that, don't apply.
9. There is no perfect flying job out there; they all have their plus and minus points. Here I think the plus points outweigh the couple of negative points. It's up to all adults to make their own decision before coming here.
10. I have had some bad days but many more good days; and I am still here after +10 years.