PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC2 The Real Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
Old 24th Jan 2012, 22:51
excrab

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Love the quote from Will in the pub " Out of everything I've ever flown... in the world...you cannot beat the basic microlight in flight...it might be a flying deck chair but it's total freedom...You've heard the expression free as a bird...well it's as free as a bird...and for me if I can't fly I'm not free"

How refreshing to see people actually enjoying themselves in aeroplanes. It bought back memories of summer evenings with nine non radio microlights in a 500 foot circuit and student pilots who could successfully deal with an engine failure in a flex wing on a first solo because they had been taught airmanship properly by instructors who understood the air and what was going on around them rather than worrying about GPS/COM boxes with instruction manuals like a small phone book, or the finer points of air law in the emptiest airspace in the UK, or flying a thirty year old spam can for £150 per hour.

They all had a good time, no one got hurt and I couldn't see any rules of the air being drastically broken. If you watched this program and really believe otherwise get down to the local microlight club, talk to an instructor, and have a go at it and put some fun back into your own flying.

Awesome. Best flying program I've seen for ages. Watch it if you haven't already.