PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Almost died in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday..
Old 24th Jan 2012, 22:22
darrenphughes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point is that if he is for real, he created a new account and came on here with the sole purpose of causing serious trouble for the pilot and operator in question, not to stimulate an informed debate. And, considering the legal ramifications of such claims, they should be handled through the proper channels. His post should never have been allowed on here considering that. Having seen some of the posts deleted by SP here before, I'm surprised something like this was not deleted without a second thought.

You've as much as said, "we're pilots, you're not, so you're not worth our time. Go away."
Taking into account the aforementioned serious trouble in the top paragraph of this post, that's exactly what I'm saying. This is a forum for professional pilots, is it not? During an investigation of an incident like this, it would be noted that a person's observations(including pilots) during times of stress or traumatic events can be drastically distorted, and would only account for a very small piece of a larger picture needed to piece together what actually happened. Claims such as "...and banks helicopter about 30 feet off of the Gulf at high rate of speed. Death was certain..." would be considered, but with a grain of salt. If it was one of the large operators they will have recording equipment on board to tell what really happened, even on the smaller ships. Once again, this is not the place for such claims before an investigation has taken place.

I have problems with this poster being given a voice on this forum on a few different levels. Including what I posted earlier.

Last edited by darrenphughes; 24th Jan 2012 at 22:28. Reason: added last paragragh