PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Almost died in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday..
Old 24th Jan 2012, 21:30
Aerobot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't get that out of it at all. The passenger is not some random guy - SP verified that if the guy is a fraud at least he's a well-informed one. Hard to believe that someone would go to the trouble to get a legitimate N-number and operator and post from an IP address in the proper region if he were creating an elaborate fraud intended to stir up trouble.

And I saw nothing in the passenger's post that had anything to do with a single-versus-multi discussion; he was talking about getting scared by a pilot's going IIMC.

I also don't think anything productive is being served by implying that he should not bother us here because he's not a professional with informed and educated opinions and observations. You've as much as said, "we're pilots, you're not, so you're not worth our time. Go away."

Obviously, SP thought that the passenger's concerns were legitimate enough to warrant inclusion in our august collection of educated, informed, professional pilots. I think the benefit of the doubt is in order.

Last edited by Aerobot; 24th Jan 2012 at 21:57.