PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midex Airlines (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2012, 15:43
Earl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats exactly my point classic pilot.
Midex owes many of us money,they claim they dont have to pay because they operate in the free zone.
Yet they use the UAE labor laws to come after you.
UAE labor card, GCAA medical, GCAA license ,UAE resident Visa, yet they think they dont have to pay according to the rest of the country and regs.
Thats the problem, ones that went to the GCAA before were terminated.
Everyone else operated under threats and intimidation after this.
They are all well known now, even when I did my 747 training for my new job many names were mentioned and asked about, these ones in management are probably finished and rightly so...A300 the most.
Maybe they all started out as good managers but they allowed many very wrong things to happen there.
Moving an airplane for many legs against the MEL and FTD limits is wrong no matter how you look at it.
We all stretch things to get the airplane home.
But they considered if you did this once then it did not matter anymore as the MEL was just a guideline and did not apply to them as they were different.
Worked in the Middle East for many years , this is not the way things work there.
They should be on close watch and shut down long ago as they are dangerous.
If you complained to scheduling about not being legal for the flight they would run to the ADO, he would go ballistic and take there side, then get on the phone with more threats saying the regs did not apply to us as it was all a grey area.
They still owe me a lot of money and my 3 year contract was completed to the day.
So even if you leave correctly they do not pay.