PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 2012 ATPL Syllabus 2012
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2012, 12:34
SCOTTYBOY11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New syllabus

I have just sat AGK RNAV and Instruments. What can I say. These were the new syllabus papers (which you have to sit now) all old syllabus exams must be finished by May so If your starting your exams now, you must sit new syllabus.

In terms of the exams, I was left very frustrated with some questions. In the RNaV exam, there was a plotting question (GNAV) which no1 has seemed to mention :s . The databases I used were CATS and Bristol. Both were not sufficient at all in helping learn the material for these exams. I have done a full time learning course and had never come across a lot of the material used in the new syllabus paper.
I do know the material (inquisitor) I have been taught and was getting high marks in these databases but when it came to the exams a lot of the questions may as well have been in Chinese! After finishing the exams I heard about Aviation Exam, an app you can buy for your apple or android devices. After reviewing the material, it was all almost directly the same as what was in the exams! Obviously other QB's have still to be updated whereas this app seems to be helpful ( wish I got it before exams) I also agree with inquisitor that you must know the material, but when so much money is riding on these results, I advise you do whatever you can to get the best mark you can. These questions wouldn't be readily available if it was 'cheating' but I do agree you must have good knowledge of the subject to back it up.

1 more point, the exam hall was split in half, old syllabus at front, new syllabus at back. The whole of the front had emptied in half the time the back took. Anyone who doesnt think there are differences between these exams are wrong. Why else would they make a 'new' syllabus.