PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux CEO doin' time
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2012, 12:34
Need to Know Basis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jail

I read that the sentence was 13 months and not 3. I do hope Cargolux guys keeps their jobs and continues to pay their families. After all these guys plus all the others and there are many were just doing their job. As far as I can understand it was all about Fuel Surcharges. Fuel Surcharges were invented after 9/11 if I remember correctly or was that the even more ridiculous War Risk Insurance. I do know insurance rates went up along with the liabilities that were increased after 9/11 but they returned to the pervious 9/11 insurance rates with in 5 years i.e. 2006. Here we are in 2012 and they still charge ! WHAT WAR AND WHERE ? Back to FSC which as far as I can see was a Airline Senior Management telling their Sales Teams that they were not to be trusted and the FSC was a red line to protect the yield. FSC is riduculous. If the price of your main cost goes up i.e. fuel then like any other business. Put your prices up ! or down. It reflects a market driven condition. Anyone else wish to add their feelings as to this ridiculous state we are in when Senior Execs end up in jail. After all there was no personal gain for any of them and 13 months in Jail is just crazy. 13 months is akin to a child molester type crime in my country. It beggars belief. Thank you for letting me rant !