PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Ops room/system for Maastricht?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2002, 12:37
Lon More

More than just an ATCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASDA & Scott

I'vebeen looking around for the specs on the screens but apart from the manufacture's specs. very little is available for the Barcos. I have the character sizes ( in pixels ) and the colour values etc. from the Sony screens and lists of what colours are used for what info. As usual the paperwork is way behind the present situation
Now that the Display system has been renewed, and the old one, though past its "sell by date" was still pretty advanced, attention is to be focussed on new main frames and drivers, also on the free flight concept.

Kilojuliet

Remember the first part of the CBT about setting up the position with regards to eye level. I haven't seen one person do that to date. The idea was to try to get the positions closer together, therefore, not so essential, information can be displayed above - think of it as an updated CCTV system. The whole idea is negated as many OTJ trainers are complaining about the distance from the screen and VCS when forced to sit behind the trainee and wish only to train if the neighbouring position is not used.

achtung
Elsewhere accused of being a management wannabee

I think your last post says enough. Are the first two letters of your nom de plume a clue to your identity?