PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2012, 08:14
cxa340so

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been looking at this gig for years now and frankly some of you are acting like spoiled little brats.

I know what it is like to have your contract changed and for conditions to erode. This seems the trend in Aviation over the last 10 years. I GET IT, because I have lived and worked in Asia for years and they try this crap here. Those amongst you who are acting like little babies need to wake up and smell the roses. There are not many jobs in aviation as good as this.

YES you can earn more money in China or maybe India, or if your lucky enough to have been hired by a major or work for Cathay or Dragonair on their A or B scale. But if you looking for a reasonable paying job with nearly 2 weeks each month in your home country almost anywhere in the world with a business class commute PAID FOR BY THE COMPANY; then I challenge you to find a better contract. Then post your results here for all to see.

I do not believe there is a commuting contract anywhere in the world that has this good balance of pay/commute/conditions/country(Japan). If there is I would like to know about it. If there was the whinging skygods on this thread would have used their superior skills and moved on.

Most of us here could live in India or Indonesia or China and earn 16-18K a month and commute 6 weeks on on 2 off, or similar, but we choose not to and there is a reason for that. Those countries or companies are terrible to work for. Either maintenance, contract changes whenever they please, smoking in the cockpit, them holding your passport so you cant leave the country on days off, pay-cuts of up to 30% when a financial crisis hits and you can take it or leave it, inexperienced and poorly trained F/O's trying to kill you every chance they get (or writing reports to the Chief Pilot buddy to get you fired), not to mention some companies total disregard for duty-time and flight time limitations; and the endless list of other crap that goes on.

If your main gripe is fatigue, quit and get a job in your home country flying a job that gets you home every night for supper. Don't like the Asian mentality?...then leave. This is their train set, and generally they cant "think outside the box" like us. You can not dictate to them. Supply and demand. You hate the place so much... Leave. Go to the "grass is greener" job you seem to think exists.

As I said grow up first, and then smell the roses.

Thank you to all for the information, it is much appreciated by all.
p.s I'm not interested in any free "spell or grammar check" from the Legendary Spelling Police. So don't waste your time correcting my intentional errors. :-)

Last edited by cxa340so; 25th Jan 2012 at 02:29.