PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC2 The Real Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
Old 23rd Jan 2012, 22:53
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
007;

I would have liked to see what the first 5 achieved; as for the guys in the Thruster, I wouldn't want to fly with them, but I bet a night in the pub would be fun.

I was VERY impressed by whinging 15 year old calling traffic to his dad with distances as well as bearings, dad has taught him some useful aviation skills there.

Stik is probabaly right and a few people will try microlights as a result, I can't help feeling that concentrating on the first 5 would have made a totally different programme that would have made people realise that in fact microlights are good, solid aircraft with amazing capabilities, I own a group A 2 seater which is often left for dead by modern microlights, and if domestic management would allow it I would probably trade for a good modern machine.

SND

Stik: I'd let you fly any member of my family, I've seen you fly and am as jealous as hell of your aeroplane. (I'd say the same for R M-H as he took me on my first flight in a weightshift a long time ago) I think from this thread that people are disappointed that pilots allowed themselves to be shown so poorly, all flying is good, but the media concentrate on the eccentric ends of any sport, that's what makes good TV, sadly