View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2012, 21:26
Lonewolf_50

Received 412 Likes on 257 Posts
shy, nobody gets to be left alone, nobody

I find your refrain insisting on such to be unrealistic, and naive
That said:
Lonewolf.

When it comes to 'not leaving people alone', the US is up there at numero uno!
So what?
You seem to have a problem with maintaining the plot of a conversation here.
Just because the US is bothering with Iran does not mean they are free to bother others without being bothered. They do as all others do, bother about with others as they can, which is the complaint you are having with the US here. You are being patently inconsistent.
Fatwa my arse. SR is still poncing about like a baldy version of Stephen Fry but I agree that being an irititating tw@t is not enough to justify an automatic death sentence and it's certainly not enough to justify starting another war, is it?
I am not suggesting that anyone start a war over SR, Lord knows he's not worth it. The fatwa is a matter of record, and is an example of people BOTHERING OTHERS across borders, which was started by some busy body PERSIANS who you are defending ineptly at the moment. They deserve better, see widger's input.
Rushdie is not Persian, as you know ... which I think Persians in general are grateful for.
I'm sick of hearing the Persians demonised.
Since I am not doing so, don't come whinging to me over that.
There's no money for a new war.
Agree, and that's from the US side of the pond.
Nobody wants it.
I don't think you understand what the word "nobody" means, and it appears that there are people, some of them in my country, who most certainly do. I am not one of them.
Nobody needs it. Leave them alone.
Not possible, but "leave them alone" seems a rather broad appeal. "Don't start a war" is a good line to take, however, from where I sit.

You don't get to hide when you are a wannabe power, or more accurately for Persians, an once were, or a has been, power .... sorta like the UK.

People can "not be left alone" short of war, which has been going on with Iran for quite some time, ebb and flow.

See my first sentence in this post.
Nobody gets left alone.

It's called globalization, and it's been going on since about the fifteenth century.
It made the British Empire possible.
It made America's wealth possible.
It will make a lot of Chinese bloody, filthy, rich.
It is making a lot of Brazillians rich as well.