PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRP1 V's 5
Thread: CRP1 V's 5
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2002, 10:51
152small

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CRP1 V's 5

Greets to all

Been a while posting, work seem to think I have to earn my money instead of just automatically getting it for turning up

Was meant to go to duxford from Andrewsfield on sat, but weather was bollox so did some local instrument flying, which was great fun, although the hood did remind me of those rubbish sun visors from the eighties. (and people in between the ages of 20 and 30 can't deny owning one of these, especially in red or green)

Seemed to take me forever to write 2 lines in the nav log :o , took a while to get to grips with CRP1 flight computer (strange word for it that) for the first time.

My question is : As I am one of the many out there who would like to fly for a living, is it worth me getting a CRP5. I know that the speeds are a lot higher than the CRP1, but does anyone know if this or any other difference would hinder my private flying, or should I stick with the 1 for cessna flying. Any thoughts welcome. Also, being a rather lazy IT type person, anyone know of any software that calculates heading, variation etc, in place of CRP's?

Thanks.

152small