PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Schemes
Thread: 2012 Schemes
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2012, 19:56
warnerm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I am looking for experienced heads to provide me with some advice and to almost act as a mentor if at all possible (although i expect that most have better things to do or more important things on their plates!!).
The story goes like this:

I have always had a keen interest on becomming a pilot since and early age, however this idea was lost for many years until recently when my desire to become a pilot was re-ignited. Although the idea had become distant my interest in the industry never left, it's almost impossible with a father and brother who are both aircraft mechanics. I had been thinking about the possibility early last year when i was offered a simulation experience day of which i gratefully accepted. The instructor seemed to be impressed asking whether i had thought about the profession before and pointed me in the direction of PPrune and CTC Wings and told me to get in contact with them immediately, however being in the middle of a university degree i declined, although the ambition still remains.

I have researched many different schemes and been keeping a keen eye on their progress since they have come to my attention as well as doing other research leading up to when i can hopefully be involved in a scheme. The major problem for me would be the funding so i would be grateful if anyone has any advice or past experiences to pass onto me i.e how you became a pilot, the difficulties that you faced and just any other tips from a professional to a very ambitious and hopefully future pilot. CHEERS!!