PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 23rd Jan 2012, 09:30
SAS-A321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the exception of guys who do not like the Middle East can anyone please tell me why Qatar Airways is loosing so many pilots?
I read in the Terms and Endearments forum in the B777 jobs thread that it has something to do with the attitude of the airline.

"Don't go Qatar mate. They're losing 160+ pilots a year because of the airline's attitude."

I really don't get the airline's hiring policy. They would rather hire pilots with 2000 hours turbo prop time and give them an A320 rating, instead of hiring people who already have an A320 rating, 300+ hours on it but less than 1000 hours TT. I know several of the latter, who have been waiting more than 3 months for an invitation, while turbo prop guys have zoomed by and received an invitation in less than half that period.

It has also come up that their training facilities are heavily booked due to all the type ratings they have to give, so why not just hire rated guys. It would take considerably less time to get these pilots online and save money.