PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Aviation Academy (GAA) Job Guarantee?
Old 23rd Jan 2012, 09:03
Nauron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gulf Aviation Academy (GAA) Job Guarantee?

Alright so before you break out the pitch forks and torches, hear me out.

The Gulf Aviation Academy (GAA) is stating that it's offering job guarantees to their recent batches that will graduate from PTC. I myself was accepted into GAA and will start sometime late March. While there is nothing on paper that says there's a job guarantee, they assured me that there is, and from what I understood, it's not unconditional...you have to sit an interview.

I know that a job guarantee sounds a bit hard to believe, but it's not all bollocks, you can see some evidence for it.

this is from an online newspaper:

The company has signed training deals with the kingdom's two airlines, Bahrain Air and Gulf Air, as well as carriers and aviation companies in Sri Lanka and seven countries in the Middle East and North Africa region.
link

Also, it's been all over the local newspapers after the recent Bahrain Internationl Airshow that GAA and Qatar Airways signed an agreement to train 200 pilots. I can't find a link to that, but what do you guys think? Is that a contract to train existing Qatar Airways pilots, or to deliver new pilots?

And what do you think about the whole thing in general? Personally, I think it's legit.