PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - Wannabes & Recruitment I
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2012, 02:03
irishmanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Applied to Aer Lingus at DUB - commuting or relocating from MAN

I've certainly decided to take a confident and positive step and have applied to Aer Lingus at DUB, from whom I am currently awaiting a reply, where after much detailed and in-depth discussions with store management, I have also recieved written assurances from my current employers that they will support me in my career change, including but not limited to, being permitted to take the required time off (even at short notice) to travel to Ireland for the purposes of attending any interviews at DUB - I'm willing to and am planning to relocate back home to Ireland if required and am saying so at any interviews, but ideally I plan to commute with other carriers from MAN - even if it is only a fixed-term contract, it should be good, if anything else, to get out of retail - it is possible that they may have a certain number of ready reserve crews, as well as the usual 90 mins call-out reserves - I'm a 41 years old "out" Irish gay male with over 20+ years retail experience and have enjoyed my time here in the UK, where I have lived in Manchester since 2002, but even allowing for the challenges in the Irish economy, perhaps it is the right time for me to move back home to Ireland