PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are the official statistics?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2012, 21:49
tarmac12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look to the US

I recently saw a TV show on an American public TV station about some US Universities mis-representing the opportunities available to law school graduates and the salary expectations on completion of the course.

One University guaranteed a job placement within 12 months. The only problem was that it didn't have to be in a law related field. This was only found out after reading the pages of fine print in the University admission papers everyone had to sign before starting the course.

These Universities now have class action law suits against them!

I take the position of thinking that anyone wanting money from me for goods and services should be viewed as used car salesman. This means he will tell you almost anything to get you to buy it. He will sail very close to legal wind whilst doing it as well. The saleman know what he can and can't say and can make very matter of fact comments sound like he is making a statement the he would have to back up legally.

"In my opinion this car is perfect" When you drive it out of the yard and the wheels fall off you will get a reply of "that was only my opinion", It wasn't binding statement.

The problem with aviation is that the general public view anyone doing pilot training as very well off and if they get ripped off well they can afford it.

Last edited by tarmac12; 23rd Jan 2012 at 01:58.