PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who gets cheesed off taking fellow pilots up flying?
Old 22nd Jan 2012, 19:22
Lew747

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hey all,

Just to clarify my OWN personal experiences. Never is the aircraft put into a dangerous situation. I would never allow that as I know its my licence on the line and not theirs. It is me who signs that paperwork stating I am PIC.

I don't mind letting a qualified mate fly during the cruise. I am quite easy going and perhaps too soft with letting them take over at non-critical stages of flight. We always have communicated with 'You have control'-'I have control'.

Nor is this a case of who is the better pilot. They are more than comfortable with my flying and I am more then comfortable with their flying. I just don't they realise they are still very inexperienced in the grand scheme of things and if they want to demostrate a manoeuvre or other aspect of flight I would only seek the advice under the watchful eye of an instructor.

This thread was just to see if anyone else had experiences of pilots wanting to get their hands on all the time. Some interesting points made though thank you. I will definately consider taking a more firm approach to when i want to relinquish control to a flyer in the P2 seat.

I did fly with a mate a few months ago and on landing I bounced the aircraft several times and it was perhaps one of the worst landings in my flying career to date. Because he was there and witnessed it he now thinks i'm useless at landing and always winds me up about the event. I guess you make one mistake and never hear the end of it!? And as mentioned above my englishhal...they then assume you are dangerous or lacking confidence just through a one-off!