PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetGo Australia????
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2012, 03:08
Copythisnumberdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up BARS

My point is that in order to comply with BARS or be BARS accredited you need to have an AOC and all the trappings that go with it. The most basic requirement is regulatory approval and they don't have that.
I think you are missing the point, I know for a fact they are having a SMS written system which complies with the BARS audit. Its not a CASA requirement, its a requirement that most of the resource sector are asking of their suppliers and vendors in the interest of safety. 'Jetgo are simply implementing a SMS system into their operation early which makes perfect sense for any new operator as they have a clear slate and a system to follow from the beginning. Like Ascend Charlie say's, These guys are doing it all right from the start. They aren't required to have a SMS system but they are choosing to do it and i can tell you from experience, it isn't cheap.. I can also tell you this company is real and by all intents will be operational in the next few months! They have crew at FSI , and have crossed most of the "T'S.... I know of several operators have been turned away from clients because of non BARS compliance... It wont be long before its 'standard' to have these in place....Expensive for the operator at $20K a year but, good for people such as myself that are in the SMS industry!