PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are the official statistics?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2012, 02:33
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tarmac12:
pilot has became a global job. There are some airlines in the world that have more "foreigner" pilots than "locals"! Not saying this is the rule, in my airline there are more "locals" than "foreigners" (whatever it means), still...

You would need numbers at the EU scale, I think that in the US ( and Canada) the datas are much more accurate and easy to get, but because the multiple of levels and variety of aviation there, you have a good change to get a pilot job of some kind if you have your CPL. That's not very easy there neither however...

Around the world pilots are moving, this is even more true within EU, the most accurate would be to count all jobs that are created every year, and how many EU licence are delivered the same year.

I would love to know those numbers, but I am sure many schools wouldn't like this kind of survey to take place...

However I beleive that with the help of some ppruners here you should be able (at UK or EU level) to get some datas concerning new jobs per year (let's start with 2011?) and the total number of job created.
Make the list of the different airlines, ask how many, roughly, job has been created in each of them. I beleive PPrune is the perfect place to ask for those datas and be provided with estimates, and/or links towrds official datas.

Gettin the total number of new licence shouldn't be a big problem neither...

That's a job for the pprune community, definitely.