PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Ponder BMI Proposal
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2012, 17:44
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would beg to differ about DLH in Waterside as it has been discussed in the City about DLH wishing to tie up with BA/Iberia since well before Bishop excercised his Put option.

I have always been well aware of any other scenario pertaining to the BMI purchase, it's just that, when armed with ALL the information, most of which is not available on an anonymous forum, it makes sense to follow the advice of the BACC.

Fighting when fighting is needed but, as BASSA have proven, fighting when negotiation is required is suicide.

I appreciate all points of view but I don't live in a 'what if' world and can only take action on factual information and cannot advocate action based on future 'what if's '. The legal groundings in the UK are totally different to that in Germany where workers still retain a large power base in the courst with respect to worker rights. Sadly that has been whittled away in the UK reducing the power of the Unions.

AFAIK the merger will take place but the BACC Chairman has already made public that BALPA are tired of giving and are concilliatoried out.