PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Military to Civilian Avionics (how to do it?)
Old 21st Jan 2012, 15:15
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
I would stay put and work through your licence modules whilst earning a living and secure in a job, I was RAF and left without doing mine, it was an error in a way, but I self studied through the modules and earnt my licences, but at the time jobs were rife and employment opportunities not a problem, at the moment jobs are on the scarce side and the airlines etc have the pick of the crop, the more qualifications you have counts and helps... You can do modules as distant learning if that helps?.

Do not know how they are as have not used them, but these guys do it.

Home - E-learning - The Cardiff and Vale College - International Centre for Aerospace Training

But avionics B2 if I am not mistaken is not like the A and C in that it is not specific to rotary or fixed wing unlike my B.1's

See

Category B1 and B2 Licences - The Cardiff and Vale College - International Centre for Aerospace Training

Might be wrong there, anyone?

Good luck and ask back with any queries, the EGLD was being reworked in places as they were mucking about with some categories.