PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citi Express Base Closures
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2002, 20:57
FL245

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given that the offer consisted of flying them as part of BACX, on vastly inferior terms and conditions, and with other pilots from BACX

Well there we go, the BA Mainline pilot is above us all. Listen Hand Solo, you are no different from the rest of us old boy.

Its not too many years ago when the RJ was not even anything to do with mainline. I did not see you all rushing to apply to CityFlyer a few years ago?

I have spoken to some of your colleagues who have said that they would not fly the RJ, even to stay at their base MAN/BHX. If that’s their choice then they have no recourse and should not grumble at moving down the M6.

Brymon / BRAL operated BA Franchise routes for a number of years, so I am not sure which routes you refer to when you say 'your own routes', all these routes are now owned by BA.

BRU, you may have a fair point about BHX/BRU, but I can tell you I came from BRU to LHR on a 757 recently, and there were more cabin crew than PAX, so have a think about that.

The main point in this discussion is not the RJ's its BA decision to pull the Airbus and 737 from BHX / MAN. The redeployment of the RJ to these bases is another issue and the T & C's well that’s an issue you need to take with your employer.

Another main issue here is SCOPE, and there is no way I would accept that on the conditions that were proposed. I can honestly say from the crews in BACX that I have spoken to, it would be simpler to let mainline crew fly the RJ on your current T & C's.

Hand Solo, people within BACX are not evil, twisted nor trying to steal anyone’s job. I simply operate the aircraft, if my company decided that we are now doing a route that used to be a BAR route, then so be it. That decision does not rest with you or I as to what routes we decide to operate.

As for operating costs, again if it can be done cheaper on a different aircraft, then as a pure cost cutting exercise I would imagine thats the way it will be.

Good luck