PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Captain v VAA F/O
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2012, 08:48
Ron-Burgundy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the advice and good luck messages! It is a major decision that has been playing on my mind for a while.....the comments, advice and experiences I have read so far have really helped.

It seems a few 'may' have had different views if I was choosing between EZY Captain or BA First Officer..........maybe I have been too quick to dismiss this option on the basis of pay?!

My initial gut reaction was that the new payscales at BA brought new joiners much closer to Virgins pay. Combined with direct long haul, less hours flown a year and a rumoured MUCH better 'down route' atmosphere Virgin seemed like a place I would be happier to be!

In addition I would have the continual battle at BA of trying to forget the fact that but for a month or two and a little luck in the holdpool I could/should be
earning £xxxx per month (huge £'s over a career!) extra like the majority of the guys I'll be sharing the rest of my career with!!! That may seem petty, but I think its important to be honest to myself and that's how it makes me feel at present.

Tough one indeed!!