PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Helicopter Show, Silverstone.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2012, 07:16
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Helicopter Show: Silverstone 26th September 2012

For the past year I've been seeing publicity surrounding the first Helicopter Show which is due to take place at Silverstone motor circuit on 26-27th September this year.

My friends would tell you that if ever they've met someone who employs the "can do" .. "it's possible" approach to life .. then that's me. But, the cynic in me asks .. what will another exhibition/show really achieve?

Granted that aviation manufacturers generally have hefty budgets (shows and marketing are costly) but once you start a 'new' trend the onus falls to the 'big boys' to be ever-present lest they be accused of complacency, a lack of concern for public relations or worse .. going through a downturn in business (all comments one's hears when a manufacturer is absent from a major event).

I could be (and certainly hope that I am) wrong and maybe 'The Helicopter Show' really will be .. "The marketing opportunity of the decade" .. "from the team who brought you Helitech and DSEi" and that Silverstone 2012 will in fact be the place where "the rotorcraft business gets serious".

As for me I would like to see manufactureres trimming their exorbitant marketing budgets (certainly possible in the cyber-age) and passing these savings on to their clients.

As I say, I am not usually a negative thinker and maybe there's someone out there who can help me 'see the light' and understand how this show will deliver something of benefit which is not already catered for in the UK!