PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2012, 00:23
lofty_dreams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Stallone, flyingmonkeyz and mynameisjon,

I really appreciate your replies and the sharing of your experiences getting to the front of the aircraft. flyingmonkeyz, thanks for inspiring and mynameisjason, thanks for bringing me back to earth and for providing comprehensive and balanced insights comparing CAAS and FAA licenses.

At the moment, I am not able to apply for cadetship as I am serving a government bond and my leave / off-days are fixed in the middle and end of the year. Which means that if I am called for an interview, I may not be able to attend. With more flexibility after the bond period, I will certainly start my applications for cadetship, keeping my fingers crossed that aviation will not be in the doldrums then.

I do agree with you guys that flying jobs inevitably favour locals, and yes, I'm quite sure even if bush pilot jobs advertised internationally would likely favour those 'with blond hair and an australian/british passport' just like the CX cadetship.

Indeed, fortunate or not, being a Singaporean, I have come to terms that whatever my aspirations to fly, I need "a ****load of luck as the odds are against me". Particularly true since I do not have a rich daddy or connections of steel, but a dream and determination to see me through. I have 2 years to deliberate over this, ceratainly I hope for the ideal outcome but if it does not materialize, I will move on with life.

Thank You and have a Happy Chinese New Year!