PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are the official statistics?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2012, 00:10
ba038

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are the official statistics?

I have been browsing PPRuNe for many years now as a wannabe pilot. Waiting for a chance to go through an integrated scheme and actually have a solid chance of gaining a job. All I come across are those people who are having a rant about pay to fly. Those within the industry complain about eroding of terms and conditions. Also those people who fight and say xyz people have got a job at x airline (!) and yet again that evolves into another ping-pong game.

Are there no facts? Statistics? Distributed by official organizations on how many licenses got distributed /revoked and a link to those whom are in employment using their licenses.

Why is it that the top flying schools do not show official statistics? I know Oxford do, however, they seem to be cheating the system one way or another.

For those wannabes out there isn’t it about time we looked at facts and figures? and demanded these before investing vast amounts of money on training.

Another crucial point I would like to point out is, if you look at the right side of a thread you will see many thousands have viewed it. However, only a minority get involved and actually contribute to the discussion. And its usually the familiar names that come up.

To those wannabes who may view this, why is it that you do not leave your thoughts and comments?
Having said this I would also like to give a huge thanks to the moderators and those who set up the forum. It has provided me with a huge insight to the industry and has given me a platform to deeply think and given me vast amounts of information.

Thank you!