PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2012, 22:39
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: HS2 - it will be a long time before that has a serious impact on Flybe. Phase 1 will have diddly squat impact, Phase 2 might have some impact on London to Liverpool and Leeds routes. Oh, hang on a minute, they have already gone! By then, there might be a saving of 45 mins on London to Scotland - much less so on the BHX & MAN to Scotland routes BE are involved in.

I think the challenge to BE on domestic sectors comes much more from high fuel prices and the double dose of APD.

As for Scandinavia, I think it is a legitimate question, asked before, about whether or not routes such as ARN & OSL in particular would be viable, especially from BHX, especially in a slightly smaller (compared to the 195) E175.

However, just because an airline has operations in two places, that does not automatically mean they should be linked - that logic would also suggest BHX should have a MAD route from FR - another that BE may have also looked at, which 'should' be served from BHX.

I have followed BE's progress for a while, and previously met Mr Rutter, who suggested chargine for toilets about 2 years before MOL did!

However, I've been more out of the loop of late, I take it he has gone elsewhere?